Friday, May 2, 2008

Miami Beach BEACH TENNIS (Click Here to Post)




Check it out everyone, beach tennis is here!



Beach tennis?!? That's what I said when I first heard it even existed. Visions of flying sand and "how the heck do they play this game in the sand" questions immediately popped into my head. First time I saw it in action was last year. I brought my son with me and we had a blast. The Beach Tennis association makes a big deal out of it and everybody has fun that comes. It's getting pretty big.

Here's what Beach Tennis USA says the game is all about:

Beach tennis merges the worlds of tennis and beach volleyball into one exciting sport. It can be played both competitively and recreationally and because it’s so simple to play, it appeals to athletes and non-athletes of all ages.

So what exactly is beach tennis? It’s like regular tennis except it’s played on a regulation beach volleyball court. Using tennis racquets, two players on each team volley back and forth, hitting a slightly depressurized tennis ball directly over the net without letting it bounce... it’s hard to make the ball bounce on sand! One hit per team is all that’s allowed.

If you're here in Miami you should go check it out. It's on Ocean Drive and 8th St in Miami Beach, just down the street from the Miami Beach Vacation Rental Home I have available just for these events and more. I checked out their site and if you're adventurous enough, they'll even let you register and play. Just show up and who knows???

Go here for more information: http://www.beachtennisusa.net/

No comments: